COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (PART-TIME)
To assist the Director of Communications in developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive and effective communication program for PRLA.
Roles and Responsibilities
Corporate and Event Sponsorship Program Management
- Ensure corporate and event sponsors deliverables are achieved by tracking each sponsor’s guaranteed media and offerings.
- Maintain metrics and report back to sponsors.
- Create sponsor assets as needed.
- Responsible for the layout, design, editing and proofing of all association marketing materials for chapter events; assist with creating assets for statewide initiatives.
- Assist with coordinating production schedule for all department initiatives.
- Responsible for writing press releases for PRLA state and chapter events, as well as industry-specific evergreen articles.
- Research and write articles for inclusion in PRLA publications.
- Responsible for developing social media calendar and writing original content and curating material for PA ProStart social media channels (Facebook and Twitter), as well as exploring its place on other channels.
- Assist with writing original material and curating content for PRLA’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
Reports to the Director of Communications; works closely with the Member Engagement Coordinator, Director of Events & Engagement, Membership Service Manager, Director of Education, Operations Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Comfortable both in independent and team work environments. Self-starts projects and sustains workflow with little supervision; actively contributes ideas and solutions in team settings.
- Achieves results and maintains accountability for work production.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading.
- General working knowledge of social networking channels.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task projects and deadlines.
- Self-directed learner with a willingness to learn.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video production software a plus.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in related field required; one to two years of prior experience in marketing, public relations or communications also preferred.
This is a part-time position with a competitive hourly rate and paid parking. Interested applicants should send their cover letter, with salary requirements, resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Communications Assistant in the subject line) by January 31, 2017.