This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.prla.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We may collect and process Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us when, for example, you visit our website, register for an event or course, pay membership dues, make a donation, participate in a webinar, request customer service, fill out a form, or through other direct contact from you. This Personal Data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or payment information. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We may also collect and process Personal Data provided or submitted by or for our members, including employers or franchisors that provide personal data on behalf of employees, franchisees, or other agents.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
Our site uses plug-ins and third-party websites. We use these third-party services to measure the number of visitors to our website, to interact with visitors on the site, and to make our website more useful to visitors.
In such cases, the third-party application may request an email address, internet protocol (IP) address, and geographic location for account registration or sign-in purposes. Our site does not use those third-party websites or services to collect personal information from individuals.
Information for Tracking
Our site collects and temporarily stores certain information about your visit to help us to better align our content and the website design with your needs. The information these cookies collect includes:
- The domain you access our website from
- Your computer’s IP address
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The operating system of your computer
- The browser you’re using to access our site
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs) of the pages you visit on our website
- The URL of site you came from, if you clicked a link there that brought you to our website
We may occasionally share this information internally with PRLA employees. This information is only used to improve the website and enhance our visitors’ experience. Raw data logs are only retained temporarily site management purposes.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
- See what data we have about you, if any.
Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.