Select Page

RAMP Server/Seller Training

Recently hired at a bar or restaurant? Take this training within 6 months of your hire date.

You can now complete RAMP Server/Seller training through ServSafe Alcohol and receive a dual certification.

Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news, trends, events, and more.

Why do I need Server/Seller Training?

Selling alcohol today is more complicated than just knowing how to mix a good martini or remembering which beers are on special. The consequences of serving alcohol to a minor or visibly intoxicated person are serious. 

If you have been recently hired at a licensed establishment and you are considered an “alcohol service personnel” (bartender, server, security), you have 6 months from the date of hire to complete the RAMP Server/Seller training.

If you have been previously certified, you will need to be retrained prior to your current certification expiration.

Other alcohol service personnel include cashiers selling wine at an establishment with a wine expanded permit, and employees at an off-premises catered event whose function is to serve/sell alcohol beverages or check identification.

What’s the difference between RAMP Server/Seller and ServSafe Alcohol?

ServSafe Alcohol is online, fast, and an approved curriculum for the RAMP Server/Seller training. If you work for a PRLA member, you can receive a 20% discount on your registration fee.

You also receive a dual ServSafe Alcohol/RAMP Server/Seller Certificate. ServSafe Alcohol is accepted around the country.

Get Started with ServSafe Alcohol

Membership Has Benefits

Resources for Hospitality Businesses, Vendors, Sponsors, Students. Membership is for Everyone!