The scholarship application period annually opens on October 1, with applications due by April 1. The PRLAEF awards multiple $2,000 scholarships to students who are pursuing their post-secondary education in culinary arts and hospitality management.
Since the program’s inception in 2006, the PRLAEF has awarded more than $373,000 in scholarship monies.
Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news, trends, events, and more.
To be eligible for the scholarship program:
- Student must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Student must be either:
- A graduating high school senior who has been accepted into a hospitality or culinary arts program at an accredited post-secondary institution for the next school year.
- A currently enrolled post-secondary student who will be studying in a hospitality or culinary arts program during the next school year.
How to Apply
Items to Prepare
Letter of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation (Can be sourced from teachers/instructors, employers, and/or personal references).
Letter of Acceptance
Hospitality work experience is preferred but not required. A personal interview may be required to receive an award. Scholarships are NOT automatically recurring, but students may re-apply each year they are eligible.
Candidates will be notified in early May whether or not they will receive a scholarship award. Scholarship monies will be mailed directly to the institution of higher education in mid-July. For more information, call (800) 345-5353 or email email@example.com.
National Scholarship Opportunities
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Foodservice and related majors for first-time freshmen and returning undergraduate students.
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation
- Scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in hospitality management programs.
- American Culinary Federation
- Scholarships for students pursuing degrees in culinary arts programs.
- The Culinary Institute of New York at Monroe College
- Scholarship for high school seniors who participated in the ProStart program.
- Mallorca Properties MP Scholarship
- Awarded to students currently attending/enrolling in an accredited U.S. or UK college, university or graduate hospitality program.