The scholarship application period annually opens on October 1, with applications due by April 1. The PRLAEF awards multiple $2,000 scholarships to students who are pursuing their post-secondary education in culinary arts and hospitality management.
Since the program’s inception in 2006, the PRLAEF has awarded more than $373,000 in scholarship monies.
Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news, trends, events, and more.
To be eligible for the scholarship program:
- Student must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Student must be either:
- A graduating high school senior who has been accepted into a hospitality or culinary arts program at an accredited post-secondary institution for the next school year.
- A currently enrolled post-secondary student who will be studying in a hospitality or culinary arts program during the next school year.
How to Apply
Applications must be completed online by April 1. After you APPLY, you will be prompted to create an account. Once you create a user account and begin an application, you can save your work and return later to finish. If you have any questions, please contact Hope Sterner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items to Prepare
Letter of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation (Can be sourced from teachers/instructors, employers, and/or personal references).
Letter of Acceptance
Hospitality work experience is preferred but not required. A personal interview may be required to receive an award. Scholarships are NOT automatically recurring, but students may re-apply each year they are eligible.
Candidates will be notified in early May whether or not they will receive a scholarship award. Scholarship monies will be mailed directly to the institution of higher education in mid-July. For more information, call (800) 345-5353 or email email@example.com.
National Scholarship Opportunities
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Foodservice and related majors for first-time freshmen and returning undergraduate students.
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation
- Scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in hospitality management programs.
- American Culinary Federation
- Scholarships for students pursuing degrees in culinary arts programs.
- The Culinary Institute of New York at Monroe College
- Scholarship for high school seniors who participated in the ProStart program.
- Mallorca Properties MP Scholarship
- Awarded to students currently attending/enrolling in an accredited U.S. or UK college, university or graduate hospitality program.
Membership Has Benefits
Resources for Hospitality Businesses, Vendors, Sponsors, Students. Membership is for Everyone!