ProStart Student Resources
ProStart is a nationwide, two-year program for high school students that develops the best and brightest talent into tomorrow’s industry leaders. From culinary techniques to management skills, ProStart’s industry-driven curriculum provides real-world educational opportunities and builds practical skills and a foundation that will last a lifetime.
Why do I need the ProStart COA?
- Scholarships: Students who earn the ProStart COA are eligible to compete for scholarships at the state and national level.
- In 2021, the PRLAEF awarded 14 scholarships totaling $28,000 to Pennsylvania students enrolled in a post-secondary culinary arts or hospitality management program.
- The NRAEF awards over $1 million in foodservice-related scholarships each year.
- College Credits: Over 60 of the country’s leading hospitality and culinary arts colleges and universities offer course credits to students who have earned the ProStart COA. View the National ProStart Collegiate Passport to learn more about these benefits.
- Industry Connections: Earning this industry-backed credential will show employers that you are serious about a career in the restaurant industry, which means better jobs with better pay. Plus, you’ll have established connections with chefs and foodservice professionals here in Pennsylvania.
PRLA Student Membership
Pennsylvania ProStart students have access to FREE student membership with the Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association (PRLA).